Demographics / Outcomes

Collaborative Courts Demographics/Outcome Data

FY 10/11

The Collaborative Courts Full Service Partnership (CCFSP) was launched in the fall of 2010. The following graphs and data provide information about the 47 clients CCFSP served during fiscal year 2010-2011.

Gender—The majority of the clients served by CCFSP are male (30) making up 64% of the population served, while only 36% are female (17).

CCSFP pie chart A

Age—The majority of CCFSP clients range in age from 16 to 17 years old, making up 66% of the population. At 23%, the second largest percentage of clients is between the ages of 0 and 15 years. CCFSP’s smallest percentage of clients range in age from 18 to 24 years and make up only 11% of the CCFSP population.

CCSFP pie chart B

Ethnicity—Although a large percentage of CCFSP clients are Latino/Hispanic, 47%, the program serves youth of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds. The second largest percentage of CCFSP clients are Caucasian, 28%, with 6% Asian or Asian American, 4% Native American, 2% African American and 13% other ethnicities. Generally, the preferred language of clients tends to be English, however the program provides bilingual services in both Spanish and Vietnamese.

CCSFP pie chart C

Dual Diagnosis—A diagnosis of both mental illness and substance abuse was present in 57% of CCFSP clients served during the 2010-2011 fiscal year, while the remaining 43% were diagnosed with a mental health disorder only.

CCSFP pie chart D

Education—During the 12 months prior to intake into the program, 16 CCFSP clients were enrolled in and attending school. Since participating in the CCFSP program, the total number of clients enrolled and attending school increased to 46.

CCSFP bar chart E

Employment—Prior to intake into the CCFSP program, three clients reported they were employed. Since participating in the program, the number of clients employed increased to four. Since employment is a goal for many of the CCFSP clients, the program offers job development services to help increase the number of clients gaining both work experience and employment.

CCSFP bar chart F

Housing and Homelessness—During the 12 months prior to intake, seven clients spent a total of 444 days homeless.  Since participating in the program, only one individual spent time (13 days) homeless.

CCSFP bar chart G

Psychiatric Hospitalizations—For the 12 months prior to program intake, five clients were hospitalized due to mental health issues. Since participating in the CCFSP program, zero clients were hospitalized due to mental health issues.

CCSFP bar chart H

Incarceration Episodes—In the 12 months prior to intake into the program, 23 CCFSP clients experienced incarceration. Since participating in the program, the number of clients incarcerated decreased to 15.

CCSFP bar chart I