Collaborative Courts Demographics/Outcome Data
The Collaborative Courts Full Service Partnership Orangewood Children’s Foundation (CCFSP-OCF) was launched in December of 2010. The following graphs and data provide information about the 46 consumers CCFSP-OCF served during fiscal year 2012-13.
Gender—The majority of consumers served by CCFSP-OCF are female (42) making up 91% of the population served, while only 9% are male (4).
Age—The majority of CCFSP–OCF consumers range in age from 16 to 17 years old, making up 48% of the population. At 37%, the second largest percentage of consumers is between the ages of 18 and 24 years. CCFSP–OCF’s smallest percentage of consumers range in age from 0 to 15 years and make up only 15% of the CCFSP-OCF population.
Ethnicity—Although a majority of CCFSP-OCF consumers are Latino/Hispanic, 63%, the program serves youth of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds. The second largest percentage of CCFSP-OCF consumers are Caucasian, 20%, with 4% Asian/Asian American, 9% other ethnicities, 2% African American and 2% Native American. Generally, the preferred language of consumers tends to be English regardless of ethnic or cultural background.
Education—During the 12 months prior to intake into the program, seven CCFSP-OCF consumers were enrolled in and attending school. Since participating in the CCFSP-OCF program, the total number of consumers enrolled and attending school increased to 22.
Employment—Prior to intake into the CCFSP-OCF program, two consumers reported they were employed. Since participating in the program, the number of consumers employed increased to 22.
Housing and Homelessness—One year prior to intake, two consumers spent a total of seven days homeless. Since participating in the program, zero consumers were homeless.
Co-occurring Disorders—A diagnosis of both mental illness and substance abuse was present in 37% of CCFSP-OCF consumers served during FY 12/13, while the remaining 63% were diagnosed with a mental health disorder only.
Psychiatric Hospitalizations—In the year prior to program intake, none of the consumers were hospitalized due to mental health issues. Since participating in the CCFSP-OCF program, four consumers were hospitalized.
Incarceration Episodes—In the twelve months prior to enrollment, there were no reports of incarceration. Since enrollment, 2 CCFSP-OCF consumers were incarcerated.