Select a language:

Amending or Correcting Birth or Death Certificates

The Orange County Office of Vital Records does not make corrections or changes to birth or death certificates.  All corrections/changes/amendments are completed by the California Department of Public Health Vital Records Section (CDPH-VR).  Instructions on how to correct, amend, add/remove a parent, change a child’s name (requires a court order), change or correct the sex or make any other change to a birth or death certificate can be found on the CDPH-VR website by visiting the following links:

Amending a California Birth Record
Amending  a California Death or Fetal Death Certificate

You may contact CDPH-VR Customer Service Unit by email at or telephone at (916) 445-2684.